At Dwyer Middle School we believe that the involvement of parents and community members is an essential component of nurturing students. We invite all parents and any members of our community to provide input so that we may help ensure the success of our students.
Parental involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including ensuring:
- that parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning
- that parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school
- that parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child
Information about school policies and involvement opportunities should be communicated through direct parent contact in the following manner:
- The School Parent/Community Involvement Policy and School-Parent Compact which is distributed annually at the beginning of the school year in the Student Planner. Teachers review the policies with the students at the beginning of the year. Parents are asked to read and discuss the information in the Planner with their students and sign and return an acknowledgment form.
- Dwyer notifies parents about the School Parental Involvement Policy in an understandable and uniform format and, to the extent practicable, distributes this policy to parents in a language the parents can understand.
- Dwyer will make the School Parental Involvement Policy available to the local community on the Website and in the Student Planner.
- Dwyer periodically updates the School Parental Involvement Policy to meet the changing needs of parents and the school.
- Dwyer has adopted the school’s school-parent compact as a component of its School Parental Involvement Policy.
A team of parents, teachers and administrators develop the School/Parent/Community Involvement Policy.
Parent Compact Dwyer